Aaron's Development Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aaron's Development Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

July 2nd, 2009 (Development Day 9)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aaron
Admin
Aaron

July 2nd, 2009 (Development Day 9) Empty
PostSubject: July 2nd, 2009 (Development Day 9)   July 2nd, 2009 (Development Day 9) Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:31 am

Well its been quite a few days since I have put in any actual work on this project. Sorry for the lack of updates once again. To be honest, I am quite addicted to Anarchy Online at the moment. Although, while waiting for a friend online to catch up to me in levels, I was able to get some work done on this project.

Although the slim updates are not only because of the fact of my addiction, but due to being brutally mauled by a virus on my laptop and trying to troubleshoot to get it out of my system for about two hours. Inevitably I gave up and decided that I would lose all work I had done today, as well as all the work that I had backed up on my laptop, along with educational books and what not.

So within the last hour or so I had been working to not only fix my games website, which was acting up on some browsers for some odd reason, but also recreate all of the updates that I had done today. Luckily as i said earlier, they were pretty vague.

In other news, I have decided that upon every tenth development day of this game, I will release the compiled client for people to experience what is happening within my game over time. You will be able to find that downloadable client under the downloads section of the games website.

Ready to program for you once again,
Aaron Bartlett - Lead Developer

clsPlayer.cls
Code:
'// [July 2nd, 2009 Update]
'// - Added Can_Move (Boolean)
'// - Creation and completion of function Return_Speed
clsNPC.cls
Code:
'// - Creation and completion of function Return_Speed
modDeclare.bas
Code:
'// - Removed Declarations
'//  1. Cursor_X (Long)
'//  2. Cursor_Y (Long)
'//  3. Mouse_Down (Boolean)

Although it's not in the logs, due to additions in the main game loop, the players attack speed and movement speed are now set and you can only moved at a steady speed of once every 750 milliseconds with 2 milliseconds being subtracted from that delay for every point of deftness that your player has, whether it be from stat point increases, or gear.
Back to top Go down
https://aarons.forumotion.com

July 2nd, 2009 (Development Day 9)
Page 1 of 1